Friday, March 11, 2011

Great Lent #06 - 12/03/2011

Troubles in Life?

Previous days we learned about the basic things one should know about Lent / Confession and Sin. We go to church every Sunday, we do our prayers all 3 times, we take fasts / lents by church, we confess our sins. But when we are into troubles we are not like “Job”, We get irritated angry. But why this troubles in life? Yesterday I got a mail from my friend. It was really inspirational.

A great tennis star, was affected with cancer. So many fans wrote to him asking, WHY YOU? He replied them, 5,00,000 people love tennis. 50,000 plays it, 5,000 reach upto grand slam, Only 2 reach finals, and 1 gets the crown. When i was holding the crown i never asked GOD "WHY I".

There are so many people who are in trouble. We face so many problems in our daily life. Why do we suffer? Are they the trials given by God because we have committed sins? But Why God allows these trials and hardships?

I was just trying to find a solution from Holy Bible.

In Job 14:1 it is told "Man who is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble".

Our life in this earth is full of troubles. By experience we come to know that Job's verses are true. Troubles concern us, not just because hardship itself is a burden, but also because affliction can lead to spiritual temptations. We may be tempted to feel that our trials justify committing sin. Once we face a trouble, or hardship we blame God for giving us the same. We will loose our faith, or we will begin to doubt His mercy. Bible states that also. Job's wife said, "Curse God and die" (Job 2:9).

According to experts, there are so many reasons not just one reason why people suffer.

1. Sometimes people suffer as a result of their sins

1 Chron. 10:13,14 :- King Saul lived a miserable life and eventually was slain because he had rebelled against God. Matthew 27:3-5 :- Judas killed himself because he had betrayed Jesus.

There can be so many instances which clarify these thoughts. Thieves get hurt, drunkards fall sick. But this is not the reason we get hardships.

2. Sometimes innocent people suffer as a result of other people's sins.

Incidents like when innocent bystander killed by a drunken driver or when a thief violently attacks his victims.

1 Peter 2:19-23 :-Jesus is an example of one who committed no sin at all, yet He was persecuted and killed by wicked men. So we may follow His example and suffer, not for our faults, but when we do good.

John 15:18-20 :- The treatment Jesus received should warn us of the treatment we can expect. The world hated Him and persecuted Him, and it will do the same to His servants.

2 Corinthians 11:23-26 - Paul's life shows that Jesus' followers truly often are persecuted.

2 Timothy 3:10-12 - All who live godly in Christ shall suffer persecution.

There are so many verses in Bible, which claims the above topic.

3. All people suffer as a result of Adam and Eve's sin.

The third reason often told, we suffer because we are children of Adam and Eve. In particular, it is because of Adam and Eve, we got death?

Gen. 3:16-19 - God originally placed Adam and Eve in a state of bliss with no problems of any kind. But He warned them of the consequences of sin. When they sinned anyway, He decreed they would endure pain, suffering, hardship, and eventual death.

This does not mean as some teach, that people today are born guilty of Adam's sin or will be eternally punished for it (Ezek. 18:20; 2 Cor. 5:10)

4. Some suffering is simply a temptation from Satan.

Job 1:1-2:10 - States that Job's suffering was a temptation from Satan. He hoped that, because he was suffering, Job would turn away from God.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 - To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

If we truly believe in God, he will be with us, he will hold us from all the suffering. And he will give us good results.

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted" (Psa. 119:71). Usually when we suffer we can only see the problems involved. Surely if we commit sin as a result, then the suffering is harmful. But if we remain faithful, there are favorable results that can occur.

1 Peter 1:6,7 - As gold is purified by passing through fire, so the genuineness of our faith is proved by trials.

In a summary we can tell

1. Suffering Gives Us Opportunity to Prove Our Commitment to God.
2. Suffering Causes Spiritual Growth.
3. Suffering Keeps Us Humble and Dependent on God.

Everyone can write what ever they feels. We are not Jesus Christ, nor Job, nor David. But we are his children. So he himself through Holy Bible conveys some messages to us.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
(Psalm 27:1)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
(Psalm 23:4-6)

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
(Psalm 27:10,14)

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
(Psalm 37:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment